Do you enjoy turning a great story into a great artifact? Caffeinated Press needs your help. We’re looking for a motivated self-starter to serve as our primary book developer, to free our CEO to manage other responsibilities.
Our book developer will:
- Receive final manuscripts from project editors and transform them into photo-ready print books and ebooks
- We use the Adobe Creative Cloud suite — primarily InCopy and InDesign
- Ebook development may be completed in Sigil
- Assign ISBN data and coordinate relevant book metadata
- Work with the CEO/CFO to assign trim sizes and price points for the book
- Oversee development of the front/back/spine of the book cover according to house standards
- Manage revisions to the final product in light of feedback from advance review copies
We’re open to individuals eager to perform this work, or faculty who can oversee this work on behalf of design students.
We expect a cadence of roughly eight to 10 books per year.
The book developer will receive named credit on each book’s copyright page (for portfolio purposes) and join our editorial leadership team. As with all our leadership roles, given our small size as a press, this work is compensated by means of ownership stake in the company and not through payroll.
Express your interest using the Join Us! page.