A few quick hits for your upcoming week:
- Next Saturday, Jan. 30, Caffeinated Press representatives will take part in the Get Published! conference coordinated by MiFiWriters. World Weaver Press is also a publisher sponsor. The event runs 9a to 6p at Herrick District Library in Holland. Registration is requested, but there’s no fee to attend. The day includes a series of panel discussions:
- “Character, POV and Voice”
- “The Zeroth Law of Publishing” — targeting the right publisher; how to “read” publisher guidelines
- “The Art of Conflict: Building Better Plots”
- “The Submitter’s Toolbox” — prepping a submission package for transmission to publishers/agents
- “The Long and the Short: Publishing Novels vs. Short Stories” — advantages/disadvantages of both; differences in workflow and crafting
- “First Page Critiques” — audience submissions reviewed live
- Still time to register for the Monday evening (Jan. 25) session of our Query Letter Bootcamp seminar. Runs 6p-9p at the Caffeinated Press office. Registration is required. $40 fee.
- Have you checked out our growing list of opportunities and events at our Community discussion group yet?
- We periodically update our online Query guidelines. If you haven’t checked them out recently, you should.
Seminars and Conferences and Guidelines Revisions … Oh, My!