Thank you for considering Caffeinated Press as a potential publishing partner.
Please use the form, below, to pitch us. Before you dive into the submission process, however, we recommend that you browse the following FAQ articles. Considered together, these FAQ articles constitute our editorial guidelines for querying for standard long-form (novels, textbooks, poetry collections) works. Please view the separate pages for information specific to our semiannual literary journal, The 3288 Review, and our annual house anthology, Brewed Awakenings.
- Basic submission requirements—it must be complete and you must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- What we accept—pretty much anything
- Non-literary contributions—are welcome
- Content considerations—we’re open to a lot, but…
- Style conventions—based on A.P. and Chicago, and fairly conservative
- Quality of submitted drafts—first drafts make us cry
- How to query—basic mechanics of submitting to us
- Review timelines—how long it’ll take for us to respond
- Query evaluation process—some insight into the sausage making
- Expectations of contracted authors—be chill, be nice, be professional
- Working with agents—yes, we do
- Pay to publish—never, never, never
- Reading fees & submission tools—no reading fees; no Submittable
- Author compensation—short-form stuff (anthology, lit journal) gets a license fee; long-form stuff (novels, textbooks) gets percent of net revenue
- Assignment of rights—we only license English print rights in the countries we elect to distribute
- Work for hire—only if we spec it first
- Multiple & simultaneous submissions—allowed, but inadvisable
- Resubmissions—usually welcome
- Reprints—are generally not accepted
- Email & postal submissions—are welcome if you give us the same info that the online form requires
This form interfaces with our internal helpdesk/ticketing system. Please select:
- Query to pitch us a long-form project.
- Submission to “The 3288 Review” for our semiannual journal of arts and letters.
- Submission to “Brewed Awakenings” for our annual house anthology.
If you select any other reason than one of the three bullets listed above for the “what’s your pitch?” question, review of your submission will be delayed.
When your submission has been transmitted, you’ll be taken to a fresh landing page and you’ll receive an email summarizing your query.