November comes, and with it, National Novel Writing Month.
Caffeinated Press takes a “month off” from normal business operations so that our board members and editorial team can focus on their writing during these 30 long days of authorial masochism.
Our schedule for November:
- Sun., Oct. 30, 9a to noon. Get ready for the 2p OCGR kickoff party at Vitales with a last-minute planning session.
- Mon., Oct. 31, 6p to Tue., Nov. 1, 2:30a. The Mad NaNo Scramble. Doors open at 6p on Halloween. Show up with a costume and a dish to pass (both are optional). Come and go as you please. At the stroke of midnight, we’ll begin with our first word war of the season. Doors close at 2:30a.
- Tuesdays, Nov. 1/8/15/22/29, 6p-8:30p. Write In, hosted by Jessica Ann Booth.
- Wednesdays, Nov. 2/9/16/23, 6p-10p. Come Write In. Open door. No schedule/programming — just you, a power outlet, Wi-Fi and free coffee. Oh, and words. All the words.
- Saturdays, Nov. 5/12/19/26, 2p-6p. Come Write In. Open door.
- Sun., Nov. 27, 4p-8p. “The End is Near” Afterparty. If you didn’t get your word count sufficiently elevated at the KDL celebration, hoof it over to our office to continue your unbridled productivity.
None of these events require a fee or an RSVP.
Our office is located at 3167 Kalamazoo Ave. SE, Grand Rapids 49508. We’re located at the T-bone intersection of 32nd St. and Kalamazoo Ave., just a stone’s throw south of the 28th/Kalamazoo Meijer store. We’re also a stop on Rapid Route No. 2. Plenty of on-site parking. To find us, use the doors closest to Kalamazoo Avenue — the doors with our name on the sign — and take the half-flight of stairs down. If you get lost, call the office at (888) 809-1686.