A few quick items of interest from your friends at Caffeinated Press —
- Open office hours today, Sun. Mar. 13, from 10a to 4p. Please feel welcome to drop in, have some coffee, plug into the power and the Wi-Fi, and keep makin’ progress on your magnum opus. No RSVP or fee. Just show up at our SE Grand Rapids office! And don’t forget to check the Events page to see when we occasionally schedule these hours. We don’t necessarily do it far in advance, but you never know. And if you’d like to host your own event at our facility, use the Contact Us form to let us know.
- Issue 1.3 of The 3288 Review is now in and available for purchase. This issue is chock full of delightful material. The World Greening Wildly by Mike Smith of Albuquerque and Maquillage by Addy Evenson both present interesting takes on structure in literary fiction. Lots of poetry, too, as well as a few creative non-fiction pieces. And don’t miss my take on the four hurdles authors must overcome to have their work judged as beautiful!
- As a special bonus, if you buy all three current issues of The 3288 Review within the next week, we’ll include a Caffeinated Press gift card good for $10 off a future purchase. Buy a subscription to all four issues of Volume 1 (the fourth comes out at the end of May), and we’ll include a $15 gift card.
- Did you notice? We’ve restructured the menu on the home page to create individual pages for our published authors. Check out Lisa Gundry and Jean Davis. More to come!
- Our Community site keeps getting more and more info about upcoming contests, awards and opportunities. Check it out — better yet, add your own material to the list. If you register an account, you’ll also get a customizable digest of posts by email so you don’t have to keep checking to see what you missed.
- Next week, our Business of Writing seminar recurs. Join us on either Sun., Mar. 20, from 2p to 5p, or Mon., Mar. 21, from 6p to 9p. This three-hour event explores the business of writing, including a review of current industry trends, the general process by which a manuscript becomes a book, the best ways to pitch a publisher, how to follow-up with grace and what to assemble in an author media toolkit. Seats are limited and registration is $40.
Keep writing, my friends!
Notable News …