Caffeinated Press welcomes upstanding literary citizens to join us as we connect authors and readers while fostering a stronger literary community in West Michigan.
If you’re interested in getting involved, use the form below to express your interest. A member of the board of directors will get back to you soon for additional conversation.
Areas of opportunity include:
- Advertisers: Our educational programs, and The 3288 Review literary journal, both support advertisements. Our rates are affordable.
- Apprentices: Breaking into the literary world isn’t easy. We welcome apprentices (sometimes called “interns”) to assist with very specific projects, as a way of gaining experience within the industry. Apprenticeships in editorial, sales and finance are available.
- Board Members: Board members are shareholders in the corporation. They assist with strategy and often work through day-to-day operations — distribution, finance, marketing, editorial, etc. Board members should have a solid background and commit to substantive engagement with the company. At present, board members aren’t compensated — and they’re expected to open their wallets each month to help keep the books balanced, or to find other ways to add value to Caffeinated Press.
- Consultants: A consultant is available to us for questions about specialized areas of interest. Usually these folks enjoy subject-matter expertise that would help us, and they’re not averse to occasional questions.
- Editors: Editors get deep in the weeds of a given book, serving as either an editorial project manager or as a developmental or line editor. Editors work with us under contract and are paid on a per-project basis.
- Investors: We welcome leaders who support our mission with through the investment of treasure instead of time or talent. We offer shares of non-voting stock at $25 par value. This contribution supports our educational programming, routine operations and more advanced marketing and engagement
- Readers: People who receive advance review copies of forthcoming titles to offer a last set of eyes — and, if possible, reviews or blurbs. Readers will evaluate at least one title per year, or more if they’re interested in the content. A good reader will offer high-level feedback on the work as a whole and identify whatever glitches (typos, misalignments) they experience when they read. They also will help promote the books they read within their own social networks. Readers are not compensated but may optionally be referenced on our website or on a completed book’s copyright page.
- Retailers: Want to join our distribution network? We’re always eager to welcome new retail partners. We offer either direct sales or consignment, or we’ll manage a section of shelf space for you.
- Teachers: Know something useful and want to get the word out? If you create an online learning module for us, we’ll promote and host it and you will get a percentage of that module’s total sales.