Sending Books for Review
We welcome the chance to review new books (fiction, non-fiction, poetry collections) by authors connected to West Michigan.
- We only review books published within 12 months of the release date of the issue for which we’re currently reading when you send it. For example, books intended for issue 4.1, published in April 2018, must have been published in or after the spring of 2017.
- Books released by a subsidy press (also called a vanity press) are not eligible for review. Rule of thumb: If you paid to get it in print, then it’s not eligible for review.
- We accept self-published books, but they will always take second priority to traditionally published books.
- Books sent for review will not be returned, but rather be donated to the community library maintained by Write616, a non-profit writing center.
- We cannot guarantee that we will review the work.
- We cannot guarantee that you will like the review.
- We will not show you the review before we print it.
- You are free to request an electronic copy of the review (a PDF of the relevant pages, or publication of the text of the review to our website) if you intend to use it in your promotional materials. We accommodate those requests at no cost.
Please send one physical copy of the work to us c/o The 3288 Review, Caffeinated Press, 3167 Kalamazoo Ave SE, Suite 2o3, Grand Rapids MI 49508. Do not send it in a way that requires a signature, as no one is in the office when the friendly USPS person services our office building. We only review physical books, not electronic proofs.