Every year for the last 40 years, Pushcart Press has administered the Pushcart Prize, a literary honor that celebrates the best writing advanced by small-sized presses. Nominations may only be presented, on paper, by the publishers themselves — authors or readers cannot submit — and each publisher is capped at six total nominations.
Caffeinated Press is proud to nominate six outstanding pieces for this high literary accolade:
- In the Vineyards of Teramo by Laura Apol, published in Imagine This! An ArtPrize Anthology (vol 3) [poem]
- Our Monstrous Family by Matthew Olson-Roy, published in The 3288 Review (vol 1, issue 2) [short story]
- Over the Edge by JR Roper, published in Imagine This! An ArtPrize Anthology (vol 3) [personal essay]
- Safety Blanket (Age 9) by Lisa Anne Gundry, published in A Crowd of Sorrows [poem]
- Tacet by J. M. Leija, published in The 3288 Review (vol 1, issue 1) [personal essay]
- The Watcher on the Island by Melanie Meyer, published in the Brewed Awakenings anthology [short story]